Announcing Cosmetic Life-Like Dentures
Until now, most dentures look and feel unnatural. With our new Cosmetic Life-Like Denture System, no one will ever know you’re even wearing dentures unless you tell them. Select from a wide choice of styles to match your personality. Just because you have to wear dentures doesn’t mean you can’t have a beautiful smile.
- Patented design for more effective chewing
- Enjoy the appearance of these high quality dentures and the confidence they give you
Most dentures are made of acrylic and can be fabricated two different ways.
- A conventional denture is made after all teeth have been extracted and the tissues (gums) have healed.
- An immediate denture is fabricated and inserted immediately after the teeth are extracted and the tissues are allowed to heal under the denture.
- An upper denture has acrylic, usually flesh colored, that covers the palate (roof of the mouth).
- A lower denture is shaped like a horseshoe to leave room for the tongue.
The teeth are made of plastic, porcelain or a combination of both. Dentures can be fabricated to fit over endodontically treated teeth and a complete denture can be attached to dental implants to allow for a more secure fit of the appliance.
Dentures over a normal course of time will wear and need to be replaced or relined in order to keep the jaw alignment normal. The alignment will slowly change as the bone and gum ridges recede or shrink due to the extraction of the teeth. Regular dental examinations are still important for the denture wearer so that the oral tissues can be checked for disease or change.